Part-Time Medical Director Needed for Innovative Group Practice in Roslindale Village.
The Leggett Group is a new and innovative group psychotherapy practice that has combined high-quality clinical services with a supportive, smart, collegial environment that is involved in and gives back to the vibrant Roslindale community. We are a group of highly-skilled therapists who have been successful on our own, but who prefer to work in a collaborative environment where working, learning and innovating together as a team are key. We are a team that learns from one another, while also setting goals for areas in which we’d like to grow together. We provide individual, couples and group therapies, as well as community-targeted offerings such as workshops, and support groups that provide growth, prevention and maintenance options for people seeking something different than traditional therapy.
The Leggett Group is seeking a part-time Medical Director that would:
- want to work collaboratively with our strong, talented team
- provide some consultative oversight to our cases in which medication is a treatment modality
- see a caseload of med-only individuals who also participate in psychotherapy with other providers here
- have the option to maintain a caseload of integrated treatment patients themselves (prescribe meds and provide psychotherapy, whether it be individual, couples, family, or group)
- have a skill set that includes treating a broad range of diagnoses, and who is trained (or training) to see one of our special populations: nursing or pregnant women needing a safe medication plan
- be growth-oriented, working with our Director and team to continue to tweak and re-devise direction, strategy, and position for this dynamic and recognized growing practice.
Our offices are in a gorgeous, brand-new, high-end, state-of-the-art office building in Roslindale Square, facing Adams Park. The office is handicapped accessible, and is easily accessible by car (on street and close-by public lot parking), or public transit with a commuter rail stop 2 blocks away, and 9 bus lines converging in front of building.
Jen Erbe Leggett, LICSW is a seasoned psychotherapist who had been in private practice in the Back Bay for many years prior to founding the Leggett Group, and had previously served as a trauma therapist for the VA. She is the outgoing co-chair of NASW Massachusetts Chapter’s Private Practice Shared Interest Group, and has been involved in NASW’s Healthcare Reform Payment Advisory Group. She teaches and consults with therapists in the area of practice development, marketing, and other clinical and business practices.; she is a leader in the local perinatal mental health provider community and a State Coordinator for Post Partum Support International (PSI).
- RNCS, NP, or MD who is trained in prescribing for a broad spectrum of diagnoses, as well as particular experience in perinatal mental health.
- You have solid experience (5+ years post-license) or you are a rock star with less experience and great potential.
- You possess the desire to work for someone else while being a part of a high-energy, collaborative, growth-oriented team that loves what it does and wants to try new things.
- You welcome the idea of sharing and acquiring knowledge together, as the group participates in clinical meetings and trainings together, based on group-set goals.
- You would welcome the idea of not having to do marketing, insurance business and client recruitment while working with us, and would enjoy coming into a space where your work is all ready for you to do.
- You enjoy thinking about client needs and service delivery from a community-based perspective; you value the community of Roslindale and it’s surrounding neighbors.
- You like to be valued, asked for your opinion, and respected in your place of work.
Does this sound exciting?
Please check out our website, then mail your resume and a letter of introduction to:
Or call Jen Erbe Leggett, Director and Owner, at 857-273-2125. We look forward to talking with you!