Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based treatment designed to help individuals with emotional and behavioral dysregulation. Parents of adolescents struggling with this sort of dysregulation are often at a loss for how to support their adolescent, while fostering independence and autonomy. This intensive 8-week course is designed to give you a roadmap for understanding your adolescent’s emotions and behaviors, and to use DBT tools to respond effectively to the challenges they present.
Facilitator: Hart MacCardell, PsyD is a Licensed Psychologist and Health Service Provider at the Leggett Group, specializing in evidence-based treatment for behavioral and mood disorders in children and adolescents, parent skills training, and family therapy.
- Understand emotions and emotion regulation
- Improve communication through validation and interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Assess the function of adolescent behaviors
- Learn tools for changing behavior
- Set effective limits, while minimizing “extinction bursts”
- Use mindfulness to increase your own effectiveness and emotion regulation
6:15pm-7:30pm Monday evenings, starting September 19th
Located at the Leggett Group, 4238 Washington St, Suite 316, Roslindale MA 02131
Fee: $600 per person ($75 per class), discount available for co-parents who sign up together
Fee includes: Eight 75-minute classes, parent skills workbook, and priority access to consultation with Dr. MacCardell
Interested parents should contact Alyssa McSherry at 857 273 2123